Our mission is to build meaningful relationships between Muslim and Jewish students, from elementary school classrooms to college campuses. We strive to deepen our understandings of Islam and Judaism through interfaith teaching, learning, and action projects. We strongly believe education and social action are the keys to developing strong relationships and partner with community schools and organizations.
At its core, BRIJ is about the relationships formed between Muslim and Jewish communities in the United States across generations: fifth graders, their families and teachers, and college students. Through local action, we aim to become a voice in the national dialogue and movement towards peace and greater interfaith understanding. We hope to be one part of a broader effort to bring together Muslim and Jewish communities across the nation.
- To create a platform for greater interfaith understanding between Jews and Muslims in the United States from elementary school to college and beyond.-
- To form friendships that last beyond the program.
- To deepen relationships between Muslim and Jewish students on Brown’s campus.
- To relate Jewish and Muslim teachings to direct service work.
- To engage college students in the broader community off College Hill.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the promise of pluralism in our community.